Thursday, March 31, 2011

Digital Duckie and Butterfly


Duckie duckie duckie duckie!!!

I had fun doing this assignment, and finished like 4 classes before the rest of the class. It's having the tutorial guide, I like having a written reference for how to do things in any given program, it makes me feel efficient and intelligent because I CAN READ GUD.

No seriously, I can. 750 on the Reading Comprehension section of the SAT when I was a stupid seventeen year old, so imagine how much smarter and intuitive I've become since then!

So, the last few classes I have admittedly been screwing around, thinking about what to do for my free-create aspect of this assignment. We need to make an animal under our own steam and instruction using the tools we used for the rubber duck. I first tried to do a cat, but that was an unmitigated disaster. I don't really have the time and patience for such fine point control.

So I did a butterfly! Yaaaay Symmetry and easy-to-identify-and-divide-into-root-shapes animals!

I'm messing with the flamingo textures, I have gold and translucent plastics for my build parts right now.

I need to make arms, insect pinchers and insect arms. rawr.

No comments:

Post a Comment