ARRIVAL TIME (Manhattan, NY): 9:30 AM
DEPARTURE TIME (Manhattan, NY): 6:30 PM
ARRIVAL TIME (Towson, MD): 10PM
Destination/Activities
- MoMa: 10:30AM - 1:30PM
- Greene St galleries: 2PM-3:30PM
- EXPLORING: 3:30PM-6PM
PICTURES AND CONTEXT:
(MoMA) MORE PORN ISN'T IT LOVELY. (AIDS four-square, unprotected sex as russian roulette)
My pictures for the feminist art and kitchen design turned out like shit, but seriously there were Guerrilla Girls posters up and history of design for the modern kitchen. You'd think being a feminist and having an avid obsession for homemaking design/engineering would be two very opposing points of my psyche but goddamnit cooking is super sciencey and full of chemistry and it's like MAGIC, DAMNIT. (I totally just made myself sound stupid, I realize.) Also, I love me Guerilla Girls something hardcore. HEART HEART HEART.
(EXPLORING) ((I was not very interested in the galleries/they didn't allow pictures))
I love street art.
(EXPLORING) OMG PUPPET FROM DARK CRYSTAL. I found the ANIMAZING gallery wandering on my own like a bad bad little girl and apparently you're not allowed to take pictures in there; something I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to do until I went back upstairs. They didn't realize I was in the gallery and let me unattended in the basement. I was totally in awe that I didn't care and started taking pictures of all the awesome. When I went back upstairs to do the same, I saw the very discreet no-photography sign and quickly shoved my camera back in my bag and felt a little stupid.
Still kept the pictures that turned out okay though.
(Exploring) Main room of the basement portion of the ANIMAZING gallery. THOSE ARE OIL PAINTINGS OMG DIEEESSS.
THINGS NOT SHOWN:
-KidRobot store (super cool)
- A really cool store called EVOLUTION that I got some teeny fossils from and a carved jade ring.
-Sitting outside a playground my mom probably took me to when I was itsy bitsy.
-Chilling outside the NYU gymnasium taking in the feel of the city.
-Going to a kebab place my mom went to when she was pregnant with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment